Reports to: Managing Director
Industry: Livestock — Animal Nutrition
Location: Selangor / Johor / Penang
Reporting to the Managing Director, job holder is responsible and accountable for the overall performance and P & L of the Feed Department.
- Drive the sales of assigned products through managing the day-to-day operations to achieve established sales targets, profit margins and customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for meeting both customers’ and Company’s business objectives and expectations.
- Work in collaboration with the regional management team to plan and develop sales and service strategies for competitiveness and profitable growth in the target market segment.
Sales Target, Business Development and Profitability
Sales and Profitability
- Work in cooperation with the Managing Director on matters relating to the Department’s performance such as establishing annual sales budgets and preparing strategic business plans.
- Work in cooperation with the regional management team to implement regional sales initiatives and action plan.
- Ensure that all sales activities and business processes are performed in accordance with the policies and procedure of the Company.
- Promote and sell the assigned products to achieve sales and profit margin that are in line with the Company’s standard contract terms and conditions.
- Identify and increase sales to inactive and lost customers. Personally handle all Key Account customers with regular visits.
- Increase sales to existing customers through up-selling and cross-selling, where appropriate, by meeting with customers jointly with the respective sales team member.
- Ensure maximum profitability for performance and non-performance products through constant monitoring of costs/prices/margins and analysing of sales data.
- Gather market intelligence and conduct competitor analysis in identifying sales strategies and opportunities.
- In cooperation with the local management team, implement the established control mechanisms to limit risk exposure.
- Utilize and leverage on the use of the organization’s assets to drive efficiency and productivity in business.
- Maintain and update customers’ profiles and identify potential demand and sales from customers’ historical data and product listing.
- Responsible for managing expenses and account receivables in ensuring meeting of budget expectation
- Systematically and continuously develop and maintain strong relationships with customers and suppliers to gather market information to stay ahead of competition.
- Undertake market analysis and benchmarking against competitors to gain strategic advantage for improved performance.
- Develop and execute sales and marketing plans that are in line with business strategic goals through cooperation with the sales and regional management team members.
- Develop and implement marketing tools and programs with the objective to drive for increased sales, overall market share as well as to combat loss of key business to competitors.
Quality, sales and service standards
- Responsible for the successful completion and delivery to customers in accordance with agreed timeline and/or established standards.
- Ensure quality sales and service information in the system to support the business.
- Work in co-operation with the management team to establish and implement Quality and Service Standards to ensure satisfactory level of customer service in meeting the expectations of external customers.
- Continuously promote and maintain good relationships and customer service mindset within the organization for quality delivery of services.
Inventory planning and management
- Work in cooperation with the regional management team to establish annual stock level.
- Responsible for accurate inventory controls and appropriate year-end inventory levels.
- Perform proper inventory planning and management to optimize fill rates, minimizing stock obsolescence and inventory holding.
Management Information System
- Update accurate and complete data and information into SAP and C4C for opportunities management.
- Establish and maintain monthly sales and service performance report to management and the team for visibility and drive for performance.
- Monitor and track sales and service order information through SAP/BiW system. Utilize business information intelligence to drive productivity, growth and optimal profitability.
EHS and Housekeeping
- Ensure with the Company’s Quality Management System, and EHS policies, procedures, management programs and work instructions.
- Ensure observation of safety precautions and practices at all times to minimize risk to self and others as well as damage to equipment and workplace.
- Ensure compliance to comply with the Group’s and Company’s Environment, Health and Safety (EHS) policies, procedures and work instructions at all times.
PRIORITIES: (for the next 2 years)
- Strengthen the capacity to ensure effective market penetration to improve market share.
- Maintain current customers and expand the customers’ base to maximize the market coverage.
- As guided by the Company Manager as well as the “Delegation of Authority” for the Company issued by the Regional Managing Director.
- Sales & Income Target – In accordance to the Budget determined by the Company Manager on an annual basis.
- Recognized Bachelor of Science Degree, preferably in Animal Nutrition.
- More than 5 years’ experience selling to the feed industry
- Good sales and people management skills.
- Proficient in MS Office applications – Words, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency in using SAP Business Warehouse (BW) application for sales information is an added advantage.
- Proficiency in using CRM for opportunities management is an added advantage.
- Competent in interpreting, writing and conversing in English Language.
- Strong problem solving, analytical and organizational skills, with ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Good knowledge of sales processes and service standards.
- Competent in sales forecasting and budgeting.
- Well versed in Environment, Health and Safety requirements.
- Persuading & Influencing
- Delivering Results and Meeting Customer Expectations
- Entrepreneurial and Commercial Thinking
- Leading and Supervising
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org